Writing with Plant Editors and Peridot Scientific Communications
Here at Plant Editors, we are your partners for writing in plant biology. Our collegial, helpful, thorough editors will read your paper, correct errors, and provide suggestions for making your writing clear, concise, and effective. A lot of our authors find that our suggestions and comments help them learn to be better writers–and we love that! In fact, we’ve written a few things to help you learn to communicate your science more effectively:
Check out our blog posts on writing various sections of your paper:
- Introduction (https://planteditors.com/what-belongs-in-the-introduction/),
- Methods (https://planteditors.com/meticulous-methods-minus-the-madness/),
- Figure legends (https://planteditors.com/tips-on-writing-figure-legends/)
And on various other writing tips:
- Using search and replace (https://planteditors.com/search-destroy-top-ten-uses-search-functions-revising-paper/)
- Typos and how to avoid them (https://planteditors.com/tyops-hpapen/)
- Deadlines (https://planteditors.com/because-everyone-needs-a-deadline/)
- Writing resources from other websites ().
We also have a collection of friendly, sometimes esoteric, blog posts on punctuation and other minutiae of writing and editing:
- Dashes and hyphenation (https://planteditors.com/dashing-through-the-snow/) and (https://planteditors.com/take-a-walk-on-the-wild-type/)
- Spaces (https://planteditors.com/its-all-about-that-space/)
- Italics (part 1:https://planteditors.com/lean-not-lean-brief-series-italics/) (part 2: https://planteditors.com/lean-not-lean-second-post-brief-series-italics/)
- Font usage: (https://planteditors.com/ask-the-plant-editors-what-font-should-i-use/)
- Acronyms/initialisms (https://planteditors.com/let-me-spell-it-out-for-you/)
- Degree symbols (https://planteditors.com/a-matter-of-degree/)
Let us know if you have any suggestions to add to the list! Tweet @PlantEditors, or email email@example.com. Maybe your suggestion will make it into the next “Ask the Plant Editors”.
We are always here to help with your scientific writing needs. If you have a paper that you’d like edited, submit it here. Moreover, our experts can help revise your figures to make them clearer and more effective. Ask for a quote for our figure services too!
Did you know that we also provide scientific writing services at our company Peridot Scientific Communications? Need a press release for that hot new paper, or a set of engaging emails and tweets for your upcoming conference? Contact us, we can help!