Here’s how our editing works:
1. To get started, request a free price quote by uploading your files into our system. Include all files that you would like to have edited (e.g., main manuscript, figures, cover letter, supplemental files). Select your desired turnaround time—we offer a five-calendar-day turnaround and a 48-h expedited service. Within one business day, we will send you a free, no-obligation quote. If you would like to accept the quote, either click the “Accept” button in your price quote or email us.
2. After you accept our estimate, we will have our Science Editors go over your text. We look at how well your paper reads, we look for typos, and we check to make sure that a general reader can understand your work and appreciate its significance. We use “Track Changes” in Word and add comments where appropriate. Here’s what your edited text might look like:
We also check your figures, so make sure you send us a pdf of those. Typos in the figures really make the manuscript look like it’s not ready to submit! Note that we don’t edit your references — we suggest using reference management software like EndNote, Paper, or Zotero.
3. Once we’ve given your manuscript a thorough edit, we send it back to you. We recommend that you then accept the changes that you like, make any clarifications necessary, and send us a clean copy for a quick, final read right before you submit it—especially if we’ve asked for a lot of clarifications. We find that this quick re-read gives a much more polished manuscript.
4. Finally, we send you an invoice. You can pay by check, bank transfer, or credit card. If you have any questions or problems at any point, please feel free to contact your editor. We will try our best to help you.
5. If the journal requests that you revise your manuscript, we will happily edit it again—and we won’t charge full price. Make sure to indicate that it’s a re-edit when you submit it for a quote. You can even pre-pay for an additional edit, as described on our Pricing page .